Immigrant Centre has suspended all in-person services until further notice. Click here to learn more about how we will continue providing services remotely.
Update – March 31, 2020
All staff members now have access to their voicemail. While they won’t be able to answer your call, they can listen to your voicemail while working remotely. Please call (204) 943-9969 followed by the extension of the staff member you wish to reach.
Please note that all our tax clinics are suspended until further notice. Also, as of this week, all staff can access their voicemail remotely. If you are unable to email a staff member, please leave them a voicemail message.
Update – March 27, 2020
Please note that our suspension of in-person services is now until further notice. We will share more information to our clients, on this website, and through social channels as more details become available.
Update – March 20, 2020
We have started registering new clients online, while our in-person services are suspended. Please click here to register online as a new client. Existing clients can email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or to continue receiving services remotely. For information for newcomers regarding COVID-19, immigration, and services in Manitoba, click here. You may leave voicemail messages to staff at (204) 943-9969 followed by the extension of the staff member you wish to reach. You can also reach staff members through email.
Update – March 18, 2020
We’ve created a page with important information for newcomers during the COVID-19 Pandemic, including taxes, income, immigration, suspended and available services in Winnipeg, and more. Click here and visit the page periodically for updates and new information.
Update – March 17, 2020
To continue serving our clients and newcomers in Manitoba throughout the suspension of our in-person services, we have created a temporary email-based front desk service. Current clients and prospective clients already living in Manitoba can contact our Front Desk via email; please follow these instructions:
- Current clients: Please send your questions to email@example.com with your Immigrant Centre (IC) number in the subject line.
- Future/prospective clients who already live in Manitoba: Please send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with your city or town of residence and your current immigrant status in the subject line.
We will only reply to emails from current clients, and from future/prospective clients who already live in Manitoba. We are unable to reply to any emails from people that live outside of Canada. For information on how to immigrate to Manitoba, please visit https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html or http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/
March 16, 2020
The health and well-being of our staff, clients, volunteers, and partners is our priority at Immigrant Centre. Following the advice of federal and provincial authorities, and to prevent further spread of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19), Immigrant Centre will suspend any in-person services, workshops and programs for two weeks, effective immediately and until March 31st, 2020.
We will continue providing services remotely, whether it is via email, phone, or virtually. This is an emerging and developing situation, and we are only starting to create strategies to continue supporting newcomers remotely. We ask you to please:
- Contact your settlement facilitator via email if you need any settlement services; they will arrange a way to assist you via email, phone, or virtually;
- Contact your employment facilitator via email if you need any employment services or support; they will arrange a way to assist you via email, phone, or virtually;
- Access English Centre’s English Conversation Circles ended its winter session last Saturday. Please keep an eye on our website and social media channels for updates on the start date of the next session;
- If you are an active volunteer, please email Ann Mohammed for further information; if you are a prospective volunteer, click here. If you want to request a tutor, please click here;
- For information on the Nutrition Program and the contact information of the Nutrition Manager, please click here;
- For Language Bank services, please send an email to email@example.com
- Our citizenship classes and driver’s education classes have been postponed until April; please keep an eye on our website for updates.
Presently, we will be unable to register new clients; we apologize for the inconvenience, and look forward to serve you once we reopen our doors. Keep an eye on our website and social media channels for further updates!
Please follow the government’s instructions and directives to stop the spread of the Coronavirus disease. We will continue sharing updates and information regarding the infection and measures taken by local, provincial and federal authorities to stop it.