This is an informal program that connects newcomers to community volunteers, for help with practicing and improving their English conversation skills. Our English Language Partner program (previously One-on-One English Tutor program) helps adult EAL learners who have beginner to intermediate level English to:
- Improve their English speaking and listening skills
- Communicate with confidence
- Make connections with long-time Canadians and established immigrants in their community
- Get a better understanding of various aspects of life in Canada
- Feel at home in Canada and their community.
Learners meet with their Language Partner once a week, for 90 minutes, for 3 months.
This program is available to Immigrant Centre clients who have Permanent Resident or CUAET visa status. To request an English Language Language Partner, contact Ann Mohammed at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: Due to high demand, there is currently a waitlist for this program.
Interested in volunteering as an English Language Language Partner? Click here to apply.