March 13, 2020
At Immigrant Centre, the safety and well-being of our staff, volunteers, and clients is paramount. In accordance with federal and provincial government directives, we’ve implemented various measures to minimize exposure and contagion risks at our centre:
– Clients are asked to use hand sanitizer, or to wash their hands, before requesting or receiving services at the centre. We have hand sanitizers available, as well as washrooms for the use of clients, volunteers, and Immigrant Centre visitors.
– We ask clients and visitors to avoid direct contact greetings (e.g. handshakes).
– Surfaces are cleaned and sanitized on a daily basis, and high-frequency surfaces (e.g. front desk) are also wiped throughout the day.
– Clients, volunteers, visitors, and staff are asked to self-monitor: if you feel sick, please stay home and self-monitor your symptoms, per the directives of the Government of Canada.
– If you have traveled in the past 14 days and develop cold or flu-like symptoms, stay home and call Health Links – Info Sante at 204-788-8200 or 1-888-315-9257
For more information, please call (204) 943-9158 ext. 221 or 243 Monday to Thursday, 8:30 AM to 8:30 PM and Friday to Saturday 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.