We specialize in assisting newcomers with beginner to intermediate English levels (CLB 1-4) to find entry-level positions.
We provide coaching and training in plain English and various languages common to newcomers.
While we strive to help our clients plan for long-term goals, our focus is to get our clients entry-level employment within 90 days.
Sign Up for Employment Services
- Please note: due to high demand there are waiting periods for Employment Services:
- 2-3 week waiting period to meet with Employment Facilitators in English, Amharic, Arabic, Blin, Japanese, Kormanji, Somali, Sorani, Spanish, Tigre, Tigrigna, Turkish
- 14-16 week waiting period to meet with Employment Facilitators in Ukrainian, Russian
If not yet a client of Immigrant Centre Manitoba, please register as a client online or in-person at 100 Adelaide Street before completing the EMPLOYMENT SERVICES REQUEST FORM
Clients of Immigrant Centre Manitoba, please complete theEMPLOYMENT SERVICES REQUEST FORM
Case Workers/Settlement Facilitators can refer newcomers using theREFERRAL FORM FOR EMPLOYMENT SERVICES.
For more information, contact Amie Membreño, Manager of Employment Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (204) 943-9158 Ext 249.
Who can we assist?
- Permanent Residents: Refugees, Family Class, MPNP Nominees, Economic Class. etc.
- Valid Open Work Permit Holders: Refugee Claimants, International Students/Spouses, etc.
- Nationalized Citizens: Still needing specialized support
How do we help our clients?
All clients receive a one-on-one assessment and action plan with resume assistance which leads to registration in small half-day workshops or one-on-one appointments with their Employment Facilitator for Job Search, Interview Preparation and Canadian Workplace Culture training and support. Clients may have additional follow up appointments according to their needs. Job leads are given out regularly and employer events, tours and visits are held weekly. The majority of our clients are employed within 90 days.
Additional Employment Skills Training is available:
- Food Handler*
- CPR and Emergency First Aid*
- Customer Service*
- Commercial Cleaning*
- Employer Hiring Events, Visits, and Information Sessions
*Restrictions apply – ask your Employment Facilitator for details.