Due to Technical Issues Computer Classes Are Cancelled Until Further Notice
– Our apologies for any inconvenience.
Our individualized computer training program is designed to help clients improve their computer skills, no matter their level. From basic computer use to employment specific software programs, our individualized training helps clients become more independent and employable.
What You Will Learn:
Computer Learning Subjects and Modules
How to register* for computer training:
- Check in at the Front Desk (1st Floor) 10 minutes before class starts
- Please DO NOT go directly to the Computer Lab (you will be asked to wait in the Reception Area in the 1st Floor)
- Bring your Immigrant Centre Client Card
- Clients registering for computer classes must have the ability to read and write in English at a high-beginner level (minimum CLB 3333)
Wednesdays 6:00 – 7:30 pm & Saturdays 1:00 – 3:00 pm
There will be NO COMPUTER CLASSES on the following days:
- Wednesday, December 18, 2019 – Holidays
- Saturday, December 21, 2019 – Holidays
- Wednesday, December 25, 2019 – Holidays
- Saturday, December 28, 2019 – Holidays
- Wednesday, January 1, 2019 – Holidays
*There are no computer classes on statutory holidays and long weekends. We reserve the right to make schedule changes at any time.
Are you in need of a computer but can’t afford one?
Click on Computer Lending Library website to see if you are eligible for a free computer loan and follow these steps to apply for a computer through the Computer Lending Library
- Print out a CLL Application Form and fill it out completely
- Write a short letter by hand describing why you need the computer and what you will do with it
- Email the CLL application form and the handwritten letter (scan or take a photo) to Hamish at both of the following email addresses: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Forms must be sent to both email addresses, to be considered for a computer).
If you are accepted into the Computer Lending Library Program:
- Applications can take 4 to 6 weeks to process.
- Applicants that are accepted will be contacted when their computer is ready for pick up of their computer on a Friday from 10 am to 3 pm at The Centre for Aboriginal Human Resource Development Inc at 181 Higgins Ave (Entrance through Green Door at 73 Maple Street, down stairs, 2nd door on the left)