Settlement Services

If you are a newcomer in Manitoba, come and talk to a Settlement Facilitator to learn about:

  • First steps as a newcomer
  • Important documents
  • Health
  • Housing
  • Transportation
  • Banking
  • Weather
  • Law

Whether you are new to Canada, or have been here for many years, our Settlement Facilitators can give you information on application forms, including:

  • Social Insurance Number
  • Manitoba Health Card
  • Canada Child Benefit, and tax credits
  • Provincial social assistance and benefits, including Rent Assist and the 55 Plus program

Are you filling out an immigration application? We can give you information about:

  • Permanent Resident card applications (renewal or replacement)
  • Family Sponsorship Applications
  • Canadian Citizenship Applications
two people at a desk reviewing paperwork

Our Settlement Facilitators can also refer you to agencies and programs in Manitoba, according to your needs. We have more than 20 partners in the province, who provide services including:

  • Programs for children and youth
  • Family counselling, crisis counselling, and trauma support
  • Programs and support for refugees
  • Neighbourhood Immigrant Settlement Worker programs
  • Language training
  • Settlement and employment services across Manitoba
  • Education and workplace training

Visit our Get Started page to learn how to register as a client. To learn what documents you need to bring on your first visit, click here.